ORIGIN: WHITE ROCK BC (CANADA)
|LAST GOAL:||03/02/2013 (vs. TEXAS)||LAST ASSIST:||04/20/2013 (vs. ABBOTSFORD)|
|GOALS:||1 (03/02/2013)||ASSISTS:||1 (04/20/2013)|
|GAME POINTS:||2 (12/14/2012)||+/- :||3 (04/21/2013)|
|SHOTS:||6 (11/04/2012)||PIM:||27 (10/28/2012)|
- Split last season between OKC and Edmonton.
- Finished last season with Edmonton before being returned on loan April 8 for the remainder of the AHL season and playoffs.
- Acquired by the Oilers in trade from Los Angeles along with a 2011 first-round pick (eventually defenseman Oscar Klefbom) and a conditional 2012 choice for Dustin Penner on Feb. 28, 2011.
- Split the 2010-11 season between Manchester (AHL) and OKC, missing the first 17 games after undergoing surgery for a broken bone in his wrist in summer, 2010.
- Played 4-plus seasons of major junior for the Regina Pats of the Western Hockey League from 2005-10.
- Teamed with Jordan Eberle on the Pats for 3 seasons from 2008-10.
- Represented Canada at the World Junior Championships for 2 straight years, winning gold in 2009 and silver in 2010.
- Made professional debut with ECHL Ontario (Calif.) in 2009 after his junior season ended. Returned to Ontario following his junior career in the spring of 2010.
- Originally selected by Los Angeles in the first round (13th overall) of the 2008 NHL Entry Draft.
- In third professional season and second full campaign in the Oilers' organization after being acquired from Los Angeles in the Dustin Penner trade on Feb. 28, 2011.
- Set a club record for penalty minutes in a game with 27 on Oct 28 vs. Texas.
- Recalled from loan by Edmonton Jan. 14 and returned Jan. 17.